Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Poor baby!

Lia has been really cranky and sad the last three or four days and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I thought maybe she was going through a growth spurt so I just let her fuss. Yesterday it got really bad to the point where she wouldn't let me set her down, would only nap in my arms and was just completely not herself. In exasperation I called my mom (aka Nana Duck) and asked her what she thought. My mom's first question was, "Does she have a cold?"

"Yes... but a little one. I don't think that's making her so mad."

"Its an ear infection." The positive tone in my mom's voice made me feel better already. I called and set up an appointment first thing this morning. Lia and I went to the Dr, and lo and behold! Lia has an ear infection! On one hand I feel badly that it took three days for us to figure it out, but on the other hand I'm so glad that we found out the reason why she's so sad and unhappy. And thank god for my mom!!! Lia's on antibiotics now, and the Dr said she should be doing fine in a few days.

No comments: