Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lack of sleep

Its a growth spurt...

Yeah...

That better freaking be it.

This will be my seventh night of very little sleep. My darling daughter was sleeping for six hours after she was put down, waking up to eat and then going down for another two, eating and going for another two. It was wonderful. Her mother was happy, on top of things and loving life.

She has ceased to do this. Last night she went down for three hours and was up every hour and a half to two hours after that. Mom contemplated just crawling under her bed and crying. Poor Dad has been snapped at and neglected by sleep deprieved Mom. I wonder when I certifiably will go insane? Okay, so the sleep deprivation isn't THAT bad yet, but its getting there. I can't seem to get a grip on my sleep at this point. I'm always tired it seems like. Even when Chris was watching her this morning to try to let me get some more sleep (he is such an awesome husband...) I had an ear propped open. What IS my problem? When someone offers you sleep darnit, YOU TAKE IT! And now, here it is at 10:24pm, and Lia went down at 8:56pm. I have probably another hour or two of peace and then she'll be up. Maybe I shouldn't go to sleep. I've taken to doing that awful thing where you go to bed and you look at the clock. "I now have four hours left to sleep." An hour later, you look at it again. "I now have three hours left to sleep." And so on. I can't remember what it was like when I used to get a full eight hours of sleep, what a novel concept. Because in the last part of my pregnancy I wasn't getting a full night sleep either since every two hours I'd have to get up to use the bathroom. See, I knew that nature had a reason for doing that. It was just preparing me for waking up to feed the little person every two hours. Lia weighed 12 lbs, 11 oz last Wednesday. At the amount she's been eating for the last week, I fully expect her to weigh 14 lbs this upcoming Wednesday. SOMETHING good better have come from her CONSTANTLY feeding!!! And now, having vented some, I am going off to bed.

...

Two hours of sleep left...

...

No comments: