Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lia Lately

I think that her middle of the night feedings is one of my favorite times with her. Granted, I hate waking up in the middle of the night and hopping out of my warm bed, but once I'm holding her in the middle of the night, I can't help but love her. At her first night feeding (generally six hours after she was put down) she's completely out, and I go in just because I hear her stirring. She never opens her eyes, just is a limp little warm bug. After I'm done feeding her, she just sort of falls off, smacks her little lips and cozies a little more into my arms as she drifts back into deep sleep. She's just such a little darling at 4:30am. Yes, when she wakes up later on she can be a loud, aggravating terror, but at 4:30am (most of the time!) I just want to sit and cuddle her.

She's also go the softest skin on her cheeks, and neck and tummy. She's started smiling when I blow raspberries at her, and yesterday she was laughing hysterically as I tickled her under her arms. Its funny because as she's getting more demanding, she's also getting funner. When she's tired, she will scream bloody murder and refuse to go to sleep. But once she's woken up from a good nap, she is just the cutest, happiest little baby. When she's happy in the tub, she'll splash around, kicking her legs and waving her arms until we're both soaked. When she's mad in the tub, she'll arch her back and howl. Lately she's also started to stick her lower lip WAY out when she's sad. Her little face will just get the saddest expression. She's starting to get startled too. Yesterday I sneezed really loudly and she jumped, then for a split second lay really still, then her lower lip turned upside down and she started bawling. She's just becoming such a little person and its both incredibly fun and tiring to be a part of it. :) When we go for walks now, her head looks like its on a revolving stick. She is constantly turning to and fro to see what's going on. She's started smiling at strangers. I was in the grocery store yesterday with her facing outward in her carrier and apparently she was flirting with this elderly woman because as I was looking at milk, the lady approached me and said, "You have the most adorable baby I've ever seen. She's beautiful." Lia proceeded to positively BEAM at this woman.

Its funny because lately, I've been going out and doing more than I ever did before I had her. Before my life would consist of waking up, going to work, coming home, lounging around, watching television, eating dinner, going to sleep and starting the whole process over again. My days now are busy and crazy. I'm constantly trying to entertain her. Every day we go somewhere. We always go for a walk. We meet up with other mom's. We sit out in our backyard (which I don't think Chris and I ever spent any time in for the past three years) and I talk to her. My day isn't timed out by my meals anymore. Its timed out by when she needs to be fed, diapered and put back to sleep. Even when I don't feel like going out, I have too. She's keeping me on the go, even at three months. I can't wait until she gets bigger! Until she can walk. Until she can talk. Until she can entertain herself for longer than 2 minutes. :)

Anyways, she's waking up now in her swing. I'm off to go keep going on with my day. :)

No comments: