Friday, June 4, 2010

Move it...move it!

Back story: There is some raunchy pop song (I think?) where the main lyrics are, "I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. MOVE IT!" (I say raunchy because I'm pretty darn sure it has to do something with shaking one's booty...) Somewhere I heard it and of course, those are the only lyrics that stuck with me. Sometimes when I'm trying to get the kids to hurry up, I'll just chant those with the proper inflection and rhythm and it never fails to make them break out into giggles.

Today:

I was getting Lia dressed and helping her put on a pair of her shorts. She put them on by herself but got them stuck getting over her rear-end, so I cheerfully said, "Wow, your backside is getting big!"

Lia solemnly looked at me and then said in the sepulchral tones, "I like to move it, move it."

I giggled.



Another funny story.

A few days ago we were at my mom's house, and I heard Lia chatting with my mom.

LIA: I have a bikini!!

(note, as kids, we didn't really wear bikinis- heck even in high school. I could feel my mom's eyebrows raise just a touch) (as another note- my mom wasn't judging me at all, I think she was just surprised that I would have bought a bikini for Lia)

MY MOM: Really? You have a bikini?

LIA: (calmly and gravely) Yes. At home.

MY MOM: A bikini at home? Do you go swimming in it?

LIA: No... (sort of shocked voice) Its in our backyard!!

I was wondering what in the world she was talking about as I mouthed to my mom, "We have no bikini!"

LIA: Yes, it is in our backyard, and I water it.

It was in that moment that I realized my daughter was telling my mom that we have zucchini's (bikini's) in our backyard. Ah, the wonderfulness that is a two year old's words!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Has she seen the movie Madagascar? They sing that song A LOT on there.

Both those stories are too funny. :)

Hummingbirder said...

That's hilarious!! I bet your mom loved that one!