Thursday, June 10, 2010

This Evening...

I put Davy to sleep upstairs and then gently laid him down in his crib. I had to attend to something. Heads just might roll. I could hear loud voices, squeaks of laughter, a deeper voice. Oy vey. Lia and Chris were being loud... they knew that Davy was trying to go to sleep! As I walked down the stairs I listened...

MALE VOICE: No, no, no! You can't eat me! You musn't! You've already eaten my nose and my ears! Agh! No!

LIA: DO IT AGAIN! TALK MORE!!

MALE VOICE: (slightly higher and squeakier) Leave Frank alone! At least Frank still HAS his toes. She just ate my arm!

LIA: (belly moving chuckles)

I walked around the corner into the kitchen where I found Chris giving Lia a bedtime snack of peanut butter and jelly sandwich and talking... as the sandwiches. :)

It is going to be one of my favorite memories of the two of them. They are so special to each other, and that makes each of them even more special in my eyes. I couldn't help but adore Lia as she gazed up at Chris in total amusement and love and squealed as he made the bread "talk". And I couldn't help but adore Chris as he took time out of his evening to sit with our two year old and pretend to be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich who was slowly being eaten piece by piece...

The white balance is all off in these shots, but I don't care. I still love them. Lia and Chris are two of the most incredible people in the world and they are the very bestest of friends ever.




Oh my gosh, does her face not say it all?


Frank and Bill?


Chris using his fingers to make the sandwiches' lips talk...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tafferty Designs said...

Oh my gosh! Food fun at its best! lol

http://www.taffertydesigns.etsy.com