Thursday, August 21, 2008

Love love love

Before I launch into my adjective laden gush-fest about my husband, I have to recount a funny little story.

Poor Chris, the last two nights he's suffered from insomnia and last night it seemed like it was going to be better- but his company was doing a push (I don't really know what this is, but its something where if something goes wrong, they call him... :) ) He went to bed at 11, and at 2, his phone rang. He spent the next two hours on the phone. He went to bed at 4, and at 4:30, his phone rang again. My poor, patient husband was on the phone from 4:30-9am!!! Unbelievable. So, we decided to go to breakfast this morning and settled down in our favorite diner. I always order the same thing, a scramble, scrambled hard (so that the eggs aren't runny). Chris ordered the same thing, and the waitress asked:

"Would you like your eggs scrambled hard?"

Chris got the most befuddled look ever on his face as he clutched his menu in confusion. (side note: he's heard me order this a gazillion times and has never NOT known what the hard thing meant...)

"Um..." stammer "Does it... does it come in any other way? Hard, like...? Its a SCRAMBLE... how is it hard? Like...?"

I was trying to chirp helpfully in the background but it took a few more seconds of him trying to dicipher what she said before he realized what was going on. :) He's such a cutie. :) It probably was one of those things where you would have had to be there to see the true hilarity of it, but it was a good way to start the morning. :)

And I PROMISE I will launch into my love-fest, but I'm going to go take a nap with Lia right now. :)

PS. I've been listening to Christmas music all this morning and plotting out my Christmas shopping list. I'm SO ready to be done with summer! Bring on the rain, the clouds, the deliciousness! The HOLIDAYS!! :)

No comments: