Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stir crazy and lack of sleep

"Oh, Lia is SO easy! She just sleeps all the time!"

I knew it was going to bite me in the ass. I just knew it.

Lia has gone from being an angelic sort of baby who pretty much sleeps through the night, to being a rather bad little person who sleeps for three or four hours, and then wakes up every 1.5-2 hours after, and who decides, at 5:30am that its time to get up and start the day.

(yawn)

Her mother is not thrilled about this new development. The problem is, when I stagger into her room at 5:30am, cursing small babies everywhere who deprive their mother's of needed sleep, she is always just lying in her crib, waving her little hands around and BEAMING. I was telling Chris yesterday that she always looks like a happy, smiling duck billed platypus in the middle of the night. I've never SEEN a duck billed platypus and I've definitely never seen one smile, but if I did, it would like just like Lia. Her little round face just crinkles into a I-can-barely-contain-myself smile, and she kicks her legs in enthusiasm as I fumble to pick her up. She really is a dear, and even when I want to just let her howl in bed, I can't help but love her. She doesn't seem to have any problems taking naps during the day, its just sleeping through the night which is proving impossible for her I suppose.

Anyhow, here are some pictures of her from last night...

Sitting with Daddy


She's starting to hold her head up pretty well now.



Just hanging out. :)

No comments: