Saturday, January 26, 2008

Nicknames

Lia Bird

Button.

Lady Lovely Lock.

QP.

Lil' Miss.

Cutie McTooty.

Musha Musha.

Bootiful Baby.

Sweet One.

The sheer volume of her nicknames are incredible. I guess even Lia is a nickname since her real name is Amelia. But I don't think I've called her Amelia more than once or twice. Maybe when she is twenty-five and working in a corporate office, or married, or doing grad school she will be Amelia. But not now. Right now she is my Pretty Porker (don't worry, I'll stop calling her that when she can understand!), my Lovey Love, and my Precious (said in Golum inflected tones). She has a nickname for every moment of the day. For every mood, and for every situation. She will be Lia and her other hundred and one nicknames through her childhood. Through the first bites of real food, through the cheerios, walks, park visits, scraped knees, early birthdays, preschool and anything else that speaks of childhood. She will be my Lia Bird for as long as she can. :)

No comments: