Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

These are mine:

1) Run.
    I am signed up for the 10k in March with the sister's and then in a fit of foolish optimism I signed up for a half marathon ( that would be 13.1 miles!!!!!!! ) in April. It will be the day before my birthday, and I am going to have to bribe some of you to watch my kids for me for a few hours. And if anyone wants to meet me at the finish line to carry me across, that would be marvelous. It's funny that I really abhorred running last year at this same time, but now I can't really picture my life without it.

2) Better appearance.
   So its definitely a vanity one, but also sometime last year I realized that most of my clothes were threadbare and old. I bought a lot of new tops and dresses and stuff, and I realized it made me feel so much better about myself. This year I'm going to slowly update my wardrobe over the summer, etc. When I finally went through my closet I realized i was still wearing shirts I had worn when I was seventeen. Ten years ago. And no, they weren't just timeless, well made pieces... :-)

3) Be a better mom.
   I'm sure that's on every mom's list every single New Year's, but probably for a reason. 2012 made me realize how lucky I am in regards to my kids. They are wonderful, well behaved, well meaning, sweet babies and I am lucky to have them. Sandy Hook Elementary, kids I know being diagnosed with cancer- there is no reason for me to not be thankful every day for what I have in regards to my kids. Being a better mom to me means instead of snapping, to laugh. I tried it yesterday at the grocery store and it seemed like it was working for a while... LOL. It is so easy for me to get angry or frusterated but I'm going to try not too. I want to take them to do things, keep them busy. Lia is learning to read really well and I want to try to foster that as much as I can by asking her to read to me, sitting down with her and a book, etc. I want to play more with David. Get down on the ground with him and be involved.

4) Be a better wife.
   Definitely a work in progress. I'm a two steps forward, one step back kind of gal apparently. Hang in there Chris, I am going to work hard on it for 2013. :-)

5) And all of these will combine to make me a better me. Chris has dubbed 2013 ''The Year of Being a Badass'' and I'm hoping to join him. Some of his goals are to complete a 64 mile bike ride (Charlie Mountain Challenge), race Grand Am, do foot races with me, lose more weight, be amazing at his job, do some consulting work, etc. So hopefully by 2014 we can say we've accomplished all of what we set out for and are better, more well rounded, in shape people because of 2013!

No comments: