Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sunday morning

This is how most Sunday mornings start out- we have some sort of breakfasty food (french toast, pancakes or puff pancake). Saturday mornings are our 'breakfast out'- but with the kids starting to eat as much as they do, we may have to start staying at home more often. Lately, the kids have completely polished off a split plate of kids breakfast and are stealing bites from Chris and my plates. Four plates at a restaurant gets expensive fast!



On Sunday we were driving home from the store when I saw a garage sale sign. As we sailed on past, I yelled at Chris, "STOP! We have to go to that garage sale!" We've been looking for a toddler bed for Davy and I saw one at the sale! Poor Chris tried to reason with me until we reached nearly our garage, but then at the last minute did a u-turn and brought me back. I asked how much it was, and it was $50, but as I searched in my wallet I found only $10. I showed the man sadly and he said he'd take $30 for it, but of course, I didn't have any cash stashed in the car, so we left. I couldn't get the cute bed out of my mind so at home I ransacked pockets of old jeans, couch cushions and Chris' wallet to supplement the $10 and lo and behold! I found an extra $20 (mostly in Chris' wallet). :) I raced back, bought the bed, and that's how Davy now has his very own big boy bed. I will admit, I teared up a little bit when I came into the room and there are two toddler beds and no crib anywhere to be seen. Growing up so fast...



Posted by Picasa

No comments: