Sunday, June 28, 2009

The trip overall

I'm not going to lie- it was intense. It was an experience. But there are memories of that trip that I probably will never forget. Some I would LIKE to forget (like it being FREEZING cold, the car breaking, etc), but some of them are good memories. Lia adored it out there, she loved being outside. She refused with vim and vigor to let us bring her back into the tent. Finally out of sheer exhaustion she collapsed at night. :) And it really is gorgeous up there. I've only been backpacking twice and both times I was more interested in Chris (this was before we were married) to pay much attention to anything else. (Oh, and I remembered- another reason I'm not a nature gal- I HATE pooping outside. Give me a flushing toilet and I'm a happy gal!) Anyhow- like I was saying- its gorgeous there. We had backpacked once there maybe seven or so years ago (Annie and Em, do you remember? Desolation Wilderness) and I really forgot how incredible it is. Huge granite slabs, beautiful lakes. I wouldn't mind going back there sometime, but with no kids . :) Maybe for our 10th anniversary or something. :)

Anyhow, it was a good bonding time for everyone. Lia loved it, and she loves the Lock side of the family. Long and short- I'm glad in hindsight that we went, but I'm not sure if I would go again until the kids are a bit older. :)

No comments: