Sunday, June 28, 2009

My blasted tooth

OK- before we go any further, I have to yell about something.

Teeth.

We should be able to regenerate teeth that are bad. Seriously. Why hasn't technology come up with something like this? Can't we just beam our gums with lasers until a new tooth sprouts? Take hormones? Ugh. I had a root canal on a tooth 2-3 years ago which was awful. The tooth started hurting on a Tuesday, and by Wednesday I was having it checked out by an endodontist. Thursday saw me back in the office, having a SECOND root canal done. Bad enough. But THEN I writhed in pain for the next 2 days. Seriously. Having an infection in your tooth AFTER a root canal is worse than labor and recovery from two c-sections. If you want your man to feel pain equal to childbirth, don't kick him in the groin, have him get an infected tooth and then have it root canaled. The pain is like none other. Thank God, after round 2 of antibiotics (the first round was unsuccessful) the intense pain is gone but now my gum is swollen up twice its normal size.

Anyhow. I just had to yell. As soon as I can brush that tooth again (which may be never...) I am going to start on an incredible regime of tooth cleanliness. And I STRONGLY urge you to do the same lest you have to deal with pain like mine!

No comments: