Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Autumn

There is a mega Farm post coming up.

It would have been bigger, but my camera decided to break halfway through the trip (more on that later)- but I will be updating soon.

I just can't believe that its FALL. Its September! Today is the first day that it really feels like Fall. There is a stiff breeze, but the air is cooler. If I weren't so busy right now I would be waxing poetical about everything. I still may. Just a little later. :)

But there is a HUGE change that is going to happen to the Little Lock Family.

Lia is going to preschool!

Its been an uphill battle of sorts figuring it all out. When people used to tell me to put her on waiting lists when she was born I thought how stupid that was. Eating my own words. I can't BELIEVE I didn't put her on waiting lists when she was born. We started looking at the beginning of this past Spring and already, everything was full. We came across two great schools, one is a co op and the other is a private sweet little one. The little one is full, but the co op has an opening for the afternoon, so that is where Lia will be going this Fall. I can't believe that she's big enough to do anything by herself, let alone go to school.

I've been so frenetic the last week trying to get things back to normal, and finishing things up and trying to complete tasks that I don't think its had a second to sink in how our lives are going to change. I'm sure I'll post another incredibly weepy post very soon, but right now, I'm just so glad we've got it all figured out.

I have to start posting more. I feel like the blog has been missing chunks and pieces of our lives lately because I've been so busy!

David- starting with the littlest one. David has grown up SO much. You wouldn't recognize him. He talks. Full sentences. Chatters non-stop. Has a penchant for looking at plates of food (no matter who has prepared it for him) and saying "Ewwww! YUCK!" Which I happen to think Lia has taught him. I certainly didn't. He is just this big round ball of good natured loveliness.

Lia- Big girl. Pretty much completely potty trained. Can spell Lia, red and cat. Can count to 20. Is a leader among any age of children. So funny. So lovable. So smart. She was playing with David today and she told me that she was the daddy and Davy was the mommy. I asked why SHE was the Daddy and she told me sweetly, "Because Daddy's are the very best." I didn't mind one bit that she loves her daddy more. :-)

Chris- he got laid off on a Tuesday and got a new job on a Friday and started it on a Monday. He's been working his tail off. I am so proud of him. So glad for him. He is SUCH a great guy. Like, if I was on the outskirts of this family I would be sighing and saying, "He's DREAMY. I want to find a guy JUST like him..." as I plotted how to steal him away. He is lovable. Lovable. Lovable. Lovable. He calms me down. Straightens me out. Loves me much. Best thing ever.

Me- PHOTOGRAPHY. Oh my... did I scream that? I feel like that is what my life is consisting of right now. What I have to finish, what I have to shoot, what I have to edit, who I have to email. I have two weddings already for 2011 which is SUPER awesome! I've shot SO much this last season that I can't believe I'm in the place I'm in. I've assisted two incredible photographers and learned so much. But I feel like I'm going bananas. There is NOT enough time in the day which is why I usually am up until 12:30 or 1am every morning finishing things up. I ran out of post its so right now my desk is covered with envelopes with writing scrawled everywhere all over them. I have to find a notebook to keep all of my lists in. Ugh.

This is ALL over the place, this post is. But this is how I feel right now. Sprawling EVERYWHERE. I promise that tonight or tomorrow I will post a much more coherent post. But suddenly I was filled with a sense of missing my little blog so I had to update it- crazy incoherence and all. :)

No comments: