Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Sweet Lia

We went to the mall this morning to kill some time before morning naps and after we had visited most of the stores, we walked towards the play area. Lia was holding my hand and walking next to me and she chirruped, "Can we go to the play area mom? Mom? Can we go to the play area?" in that sweet, chirpy, I'm-asking-you-nicely-so-please-do-it type of voice.

I looked down at her sweet, round little face and said, sure, we can go to the play area. Her little face became overcome with a great joy and she gazed up at me with worshipful eyes before she couldn't contain herself anymore and bent over my hand (for a second I thought she was going to have to bite it out of joy...) and kissed it. Once. But a very big thank-you-from-the-bottom-of-my-little-heart kiss.

I melted.

No comments: