Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lia and her person


I think that everyone has their person. For those of us who are married, its our spouse. For others, its a treasured friend. A sister, a relative, a childhood friend. But we all have someone who we tell everything too, who we feel completely comfortable with. I think that 'your person' can change as time goes on. You have different people that you need at different times for different reasons. Kate has long been my partner-in-crime, confidante and crazy best bud. We've gone through heck and highwater together; we've played pranks on others (and each other), we've fought, we've laughed, we've cried, we've yelled. :)

I never expected Lia to have 'her person' so early in her life or to choose MY person. :) And maybe it will change someday, but I think for right now, there is no question who Lia loves most outside of Dada and Mama. She has an unfailing trust in Kate. When Lia was going through her clingy stage where she'd only let Chris or I hold her, she would reach out her arms to Kate. When I tell Lia we're going to visit Aunt Katzies to get her into the car, she grins and claps. When Kate knocks on the door Lia runs screaming wild yelps of glee and joy until Kate's face appears.

We all need our person, and it works out really well for Lia and I that Kate is BOTH of 'our person'.
I love the two pictures below because the first one is one of the first pictures I have of Lia and Kate. It looks so fresh and springy with the colors. And the second one is one that I took just this afternoon; and the whole tone and color are totally different (very fallish).


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hummingbirder said...

Those are great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that both of you enjoy hanging out with me, as much as I do with you.

Kate