Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oh dear...

This afternoon I decided to take a nap with Davy since I seem to be getting more tired now (can't believe I'm almost twenty four weeks pregnant!)- and was happily snuggled next to his fat warm body and drifting off to delicious sleep.

Then I listened for a minute. I had set Lia up with a movie and blissfully gone off to bed. I could hear the movie still going. Yes. But I heard another thing. Did I leave a facet running? No, it couldn't have been me because while I do sometimes leave facets dripping, I never leave them running. As in, full on-water-spraying-out. Cursing the God's, I crawled out of my warm haven and trotted dutifully downstairs.

I peeked into the lower bathroom and happened upon a most peculiar sight.

Lia, naked as the day she was born, standing on a step stool, completely engrossed in the task before her. In one hand, she held one of my small (but certainly big enough for a three year old to squeeze her rotund buns into) plastic buckets that I put the kid's toys into. In the other, she held her play food ice cream cone without the ice cream part on top (so basically just a cone). And while humming to herself, she was filling the ice cream cone, and transferring the water from the cone to the bucket.

"Lia?" I somewhat blearily asked; perhaps a tad blankly too. "What exactly are you doing?"

 

Lia looked up at me and said unperturbed, "Oh, hi mom. I'm just going to take a bath."

(I did give her a delicate lecture on the hazards of water play while mom is asleep...)

 

No comments: