Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Bites

So, for the last month or so, Lia has been watching me eat, and when I would give her a spoon to play with, she'd suck on it happily. Yesterday I got a baby spoon and pretended to give her food (with nothing on the spoon) and she opened her mouth wiiiiide and grinned. There have also been instances where I'll be eating and her little hand will reach out and grab a fistful of whatever I'm eating, and then she'll move as fast as she can as she attempts to get it into her wide open mouth. :) So, after this afternoon where she grabbed a cracker from the table, I decided to give her a try. If she didn't like it, no big deal- we'd wait another month or two and try again. I shouldn't have doubted her. She liked it. She was a little confused, but she opened her mouth to eat some more. No gag reflex, no screwing up her face. Yay! However, I think that this will be a once a day thing and only a few teaspoons. Maybe at dinner? :)

Oh, and speaking of food! At 4.5 months past when I delivered Lia at a whopping 178 lbs (shhh!), I am back to my pre pregnancy weight of 133!! Hooray! (but I still can't fit into my stupid jeans...)

"Merciful Lord! What are they giving me? What IS that?"


The icky stuff.

The instruments of torture...


"Hmmm... this isn't so bad..."



"I could get used to this! Gotta get that little bit on the side of my mouth!"


*Big open mouth*


No comments: