Thursday, January 27, 2011

Things of Christmas

I dragged poor Kate with me and the kids to the Christmas parade in Santa Cruz. I think Lia and I have gone for the last three years (so ever since she was born) and even though the forecast was threatening rain, I bundled up everyone and we trudged down to Pacific Ave. It did rain, quite heavily actually at times, but the parade went on and we sat around with umbrellas. :-)

These are things that we had around the house this holiday season that reminded me of Christmas...

Best thing EVER. They are essentially peppermint oreos dipped in dark chocolate and then sprinkled with peppermint. So horribly good. And they sell out every year. This past year I made the mistake of only getting two packages. Next year I shall start early and buy often. :-)

Romy is a new tradition. He is the Christmas Elf. :-) Aunt Cindy gave him to us probably two years ago but the kids never really understood about him until this year. He comes every year the day after Thanksgiving and watches the kids during the day to make sure that they behave well. Every night he flies back to the North Pole to report to Santa how they've been. And every morning he is in a different spot. Chris and I got a little tired of moving him around every single night... there aren't as many high up spots where kids can't reach as you would think!

 

No comments: