Friday, August 27, 2010

The fashionista

I have been a horrible blogger. Oh my.

But I am going to blog a few updates really quickly before everyone wakes up. Crazy. Its 7:45 and no one else is up right now but me! :)


A few weeks ago, we went to the park. Lia insisted upon bringing two things with her. One, her furry little purse. Two, her Happy Birthday hat from Big Duck. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she looked funny with one of those things, and slightly absurd with both. :)

We went to the park and I saw a little knot of four or five girls who were probably six or seven. Now, no one ever told me that girls that age are just pretty much downright mean! They weren't blatantly mean to Lia (as I was sitting two feet away and glaring at them out of principle) but I heard what they said when the other little girl left their group. Honestly. Snarkiness is hard to believe in some one so young. Anyhow- I was so sure that someone was going to make a rude comment about Lia's hat but Lia wore it proudly. While we were there, a little boy who was probably five or six came up and sweetly asked Lia if she wanted to play with him and the big girls. Lia nearly flew over to play, so happy was she to be included. The little boy (who I know love and want to find in twenty years or so for Lia to marry)- introduced her, and walked her through the game that they were playing. The whole two hours he took such good care of her. He developed new little games for him and her to play, and just kept a good eye out for her.

It was finally time to leave, so I packed up, and Lia put on her birthday hat and fluffy bag and sauntered towards the car. As she waited to get buckled in, the little boy walked past and stared at her hat. Oh no. We were almost scott free. I could just hear him jeering.

But he looked at the hat. Looked at Lia. Smiled such a sweet little smile and said,

"Wow. I really like your hat."

Lia melted, (seriously) (well, so did I for that matter) and said in a fluttery voice, "Why. Thank you."

And I wanted to hug that little boy right there. There is always someone no matter what who will appreciate individuality. And those are the people who matter.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: