Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tired Baby

Lia always takes an afternoon nap, and I generally join her for the tail-end. We curl up on the couch under a blanket and just sleep for a half hour-hour. This afternoon there's a bit of heat in the air, and I think it made us both sleepy. I woke up and Lia was curled up against me, and her back was sweaty from being such a little heat seeking missle (not entire relevent, but every morning when we wake up with Lia in our bed, she's shoved Chris and I towards one side of the bed and she's in the middle with probably about ten times the room she needs on her other side). Anyhow... I woke up and me moving woke her up. She blinked slowly, and tried heroically to keep her eyes open but they fluttered shut. I got up and she giggled and opened her eyes again. (another side note; she dreams now! She giggles in her sleep, its the most adorable thing ever). So I picked her up and put her on my lap while I watched TV for a few minutes. I slowly felt her little head rest heavier and heavier on my arm. She had fallen asleep sitting upright in my lap with her head tilted towards the side. I wish I had a picture. She woke up again, so I brought her into the computer room and put her in her bouncy chair so I could check my email and I looked over and she was asleep again!!

She finally woke up and began flinging herself around in her chair. :)

No comments: