Saturday, May 3, 2008

Busy Days- No Nights


So our darling Lia bird hasn't been sleeping. Seriously. Her poor parents are getting bleary eyed. On Thursday she was up from 3am-6:30am. Its been tough. In fact, on Thursday morning, Chris wearily said to me, "I think that's the roughest night since she's been born." I'm not sure if she's teething or what, but its been not the nicest!

Anyways, Chris is off at a race right now (!) ((this is really big news since he hasn't gotten to race in a while- he totally deserved it!)) but Aunt Katzie has been keeping BOTH me and Lia company. Lia's just in love with Kate. She is always laughing at her and reaches her arms out (as mentioned in a previous entry) and she just loves being carried by Kate. It truly is so wonderful to be able to eat with both hands. I never take it for granted anymore. :)


And here's a ton of pictures! :)


This one, I think, needs some explaining.
So... I've gotten to be a pretty good cook. I can cook a good meal. I was watching the TV show, Top Chef, and one of the contestants made roast chicken. I started drooling. It looked incredible. I figured that with my experience up to this point, I could make a roast chicken no problem. There was one hitch however- I had vowed long ago never to touch a whole chicken. I only eat the little breasts that come in their own individual plastic bags from Costco. But I figured I had grown and could handle the whole bird. I happily went to the grocery store and hefted my bird into my cart. I got home. I dumped it in a colander. I stared at it. I gagged. I poked at it. I gagged harder.

I called Kate.

My fearless sister came over promptly and helped me.

Okay, I'm lying.

She did everything.

She dug out all of its innards while I stood in the corner, covering my eyes and threatening vomit. She put him on the roasting rack. She made my roast chicken.

I am forever indebted to her.

And yes.

I will never, ever, ever buy a whole chicken again.


(Kate decided to mess around with the chicken after she was done cleaning him out. )
(his hands are on his hips if you're wondering...)


Kate came over today and we tested out my new camera...
This is Lia excited to go visit Aunt Ems and cousin Clare. :) And Uncle Eric!

She's so pretty. :)


What you don't see here is Kate off to the side making faces... :)
(click on picture for full size)


Kate even took a couple pictures of me! :)


But then I had to get some of her and her baby niece.

And now THIS is my favorite picture of Kate and Lia. I love it. I want to blow it up and put it on my wall love it! :)


Lia was getting tired...


I love how big her eyes are here.


But she got too tired and fell asleep in Kate's arms.


No comments: